Town of Deerfield Youth Programs
Our Staff :
- Karen Day - Youth Director
- Paul Zaleski - Youth Leader
- Anne Christophory -Youth Leader (Summer Program)
The Town of Deerfield has a long history of providing a wonderful youth program for its resident youth which continues today.
We run a year round Youth Program for our Town Residential Families and Youth at little or no cost to town residents.
- Summer Park Program - (6 week Program)
- Held in our Town Park, The Wilderness Park on Walker Rd in the Town of Deerfield.
- This program runs from July to August, 4 days a week and is supervised by a staff of 2 youth leaders and several teen counselors.
- The Program offers organized sports, games, arts and crafts, and plenty of play time.
- We offer 3 different field trips out of the Park and often invite entertainment and learning opportunities to come in.
- Registration into the Summer Park Program is free to all Town of Deerfield Residents, and it's Youth. We do have a non-resident fee for youth from other towns of $250.00
- Due to a special agreement with the Town of Schuyler, Schuyler Residents will pay one half of that cost.
- Fall-Winter-Spring Youth Program
Our staff provides a schedule of events on the weekends during the year. We seek out local venues and host afternoon events, such as bowling, skating, Movies, Community Entertainment Businesses twice a month.
- A schedule will be provided for October through April and is open to all Deerfield Resident Youth and Families, usually at no cost. There are some events of which we offer a Cost/Share price always noted on the schedule in advance.
- Bussing is occasionally used but times it is the responsibility of the Families to drop off and pick up youth.
- Children over the age of 5 are allowed to be left with out parental or guardian supervision, however, we encourage families welcome to join in the fun.
Events to Date: Event information coming soon.